Thursday, June 05, 2008

I am a dancin'

Sent by Executive Director Trudy Marshall to the travel team on June 4:

Well, if I had rythmn, I would dance! I may not be dancing, but I am packing my clothes! I will see you all in two days. That makes me just want to just jump up and down for joy!

In a few days, I am going to be hugging Wilberforce, Sarah, Mercy, and lots and lots of smiling kids!

The last week has been stressful, I'm sure, for all of us as we make last minute arrangements, and have to think about leaving our families. Just think what an amazing gift you are giving your children and family members, however. They will always remember you were willing to go to the other side of the world to share with kids who need your touch, as well as our gift of books.

The Bible teaches that what you do for the least of these, you do for Him! You are a true example of being Christ's hands, feet, eyes, etc. You will hear me say this over and over - it is a huge privilege to be able to go and serve. I know the students and teachers are blessed - but I always, always come home feeling like I was the one that was showered with blessings! Those eyes, those smiles, those little hands.......

God is good - all the time (as they love to say in Uganda)!

Let's Go!!!

You will love the chapates - hot off the grill!

No comments: